Serious replies only

Only serious replies are allowed in this section. Offenders may be banned.

Original Post - 01/09/2021 11:45 PM

Tacos

Now I will use aol instant message

Alr all jokes aside this is reference to what’s happened on Twitter and quite a few other social media platforms within the last couple days. Most specifically, what has happened after Trump got banned from Twitter... And of course why it worries me a bit.

So Trump got banned from Twitter for posting exaggerated and false claims, which is something he is pretty notorious for doing. Twitter got around to doing that after the captiol riot due to his delayed response about the riots. This wouldn’t be so bad, except the small detail of Twitter banning almost every right wing Twitter account in the matter of two days. Oh yeah and a few other platforms followed suit, don’t feel like naming them all but it has indeed happened. While some of the right wingers who got banned were obviously insane white supremacists, a lot of the folks were just normal right wing accounts that were just there to their honest messages with viewpoints the rich commies over at Twitter didn’t agree with. This whole thing worries me in the first place because it could be the start to something very bad. Democrats don’t exactly like free speech for some reason and many social media platforms are left wing. I have a feeling this is only going to get worse, they will press more and more extreme left wing ideologies until it is too late to stop them.

For the record I do not support white supremacy, far right extremists, or the captiol riot. I just think social media is beginning to get a bit to comfortable with their moderation tools and they are also very powerful companies ok I’m gonna go to sleep now goodbye for rn

Reply - 01/10/2021 12:56 AM *(edited)

Scott

Burn down Twitter. It's the worst and everyone would have a celebration if it died.

Reply - 01/10/2021 2:44 AM

jamrio

do not use social media and return to the jungle

from within we can spark revolution without the gold standard

Reply - 01/10/2021 3:21 AM

Bimmy

media needs to die

Reply - 01/10/2021 3:43 AM *(edited)

MisterBlox

Many don't realize this is just the beginning of what is going to happen not only to America, but to the rest of the world as well.